After you or a loved one has been injured by a commercial vehicle such as a big rig, 18-wheeler, dump truck, tow truck, or concrete truck you need an experienced truck accident lawyer on your side. There are many law firms in Phoenix, Arizona who claim to handle truck accident cases, but few have the experience and resources to fully and appropriately litigate your case. When looking for an attorney for your injuries, there are several questions you should ask yourself:
1. How quickly should I hire an experienced Truck Accident Lawyer?
As soon as possible. Most trucking companies have rapid response teams of lawyers and experts who will be on the scene of the crash within hours. The trucking company will do everything they can to minimize what money you are entitled to receive. By the time you think about hiring a lawyer, the trucking company is much further ahead in protecting their legal interests than you are in protecting your legal interests. You need an experienced Truck Accident Lawyer than can get to work immediately and get you on a level playing field against the trucking company.
2. Are there different laws that apply to commercial vehicle drivers?
Yes. Not only do commercial vehicle drivers, and the companies they work for, have to follow the laws of Arizona, they must also follow the regulations from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (“FMCSA”). The FMCSA regulations provide additional more rigorous standards commercial vehicle drivers to follow. Many lawyers who have never, or rarely, handled truck accident cases don’t know the FMCSA provides additional ways to prove a commercial vehicle driver was negligent. These added regulations provide different ways for you to recover money against the driver, or company, that hurt you or a loved one.
3. What will an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer do for me?
An experienced Truck Accident Lawyer can and will take the following steps to protect you and your case to preserve the evidence:
• Obtain all police reports related to the crash
• Ensure the trucking company preserves the evidence
• Figure out which insurance policies are available for you to recover money from
• Send an accident reconstructionist expert to the scene of your crash
• Send an expert to inspect the truck that hit you who will take photos and download the black box information
• Take every action to maximize the money you are entitled to
Every case is different and needs individual attention. You need a lawyer you can trust who is respected by the trucking companies. The lawyers at Snyder & Wenner have recovered millions of dollars for victims of truck accidents. CLick here to contact us, or call today for a free consultation 602-224-0006.